Sunday, September 19, 2010

Zongshen 200GY-2: Dual Sport Motorcycle



When fuel prices exceeded $4.00/gallon in 2008, I decided to return to riding motorcycles. However, as I began to research the price of Japanese motorcycles, I got serious "sticker shock!" Looking for a more reasonably priced alternative, I discovered Chinese motorcycles, and started to frequent the China Riders web forum to gather more information.

After doing quite a bit of research, I discovered many Chinese motorsport vehicles are very reliable, and excellent values! I finally decided to purchase a Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle, which employs a faithful copy of the 2010, Yamaha, TW200 engine. I paid one-quarter the price of a new Yamaha for my Zongshen motorcycle, but I received a well-built vehicle which I have ridden over 36,000 miles! I would like to tell you more about my Zongshen 200GY-2 in future installments.

2 comments:

  1. Besides 70-80 m.p.g., tons of torque, This Chinese motorcycle IS a Japan clone! Yamaha engine, Suzuki sproket (rear) was changed to increase speed on the freeway, and actually improaved M.P.G.! I rode mine every day for a year, 50 mile commute each way. When my friend found out the M.P.G., he offered me TWICE what I paid for it cash on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such an informative post. You have mentioned the amazing fact. your articles are always amazing. keep posting! brand Chinese dirt bikes

    ReplyDelete